If you have not used an epilator, I know what will be your first question – does it pain? Well if you are comfortable doing the waxing and you don’t feel the pain or you are ok with the pain, then epilating is just same. But all you razor using women I doubt ! I have not used a razor so can’t tell you the difference.
If you have never heard of epilation, let me explain it to you.
Epilation is a method of hair removal that removes hair at the root, for example waxing or plucking. I’m going to try using an epilator. This is a machine that looks like a ladies’ electric razor, but instead of the hairs being sliced off, they are plucked out, usually by a system of rotating discs.
There are loads of different types of epilators you can find in the market or online. I got mine after doing several researches on Amazon. Finally I settled for Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6421/00, Legs & Body. Here is the list of its features :-
- Two speed settings for gentle epilation and maximum performance
- Gentle tweezing discs remove hairs without pulling the skin
- Profiled, ergonomic grip for comfortable handling and remove hairs as short as 0.5 millimeters
- Sensitive area cap for bikini line and underarms, cleaning brush to remove loose hairs from epilator discs
- Washable epilation head for extra hygiene and easy cleaning
- 2 years Philips India warranty from the date of purchase
Using an epilator was not a painful experience for me as I thought it to be. The best part of keeping an epilator is you can remove your hair at any point of time. You don’t have to be depended on a salon or at times of emergency 😉 It’s totally hygienic and less messy. Its light weight and travel friendly!
If you ask me for some tips or Do’s n Don’ts, here is the list:-
- Plan your first try at epilating when you don’t have to expose the epilated skin for at least 24-hours, just in case you have a reaction. Very important
- Exfoliates your skin first before using it. If you are running short of time then you can sprinkle the skin with talcum powder before epilating
- Moisturize after epilating.
Follow Splurgy and Thrifty if you want to hear more from them:
Email me at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Splurgy is NOT a sponsor for this product or salon and is sharing her views for a product, salon and services that she has bought and used!