Exfoliation… What is that? Wikipedia says:
Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin’s outermost surface, and has been used for many years to help maintain healthy skin.
We do exfoliation for our face, body and lips. As this week is dedicated for lips, here are the tips/ways/ do’s and don’ts for exfoliation. It becomes even more important for us to exfoliate our lips because its one of the most sensitive and delicate part of the body. It requires extra care. There are many ways to exfoliate your lips.
How Do You Exfoliate Your Lips?
How often should you exfoliate?
Personally, I do this once or twice a week. I feel the lips should heal first before you start the exfoliation process again. It also depends on your lips. Some people have extremely sensitive lips and other don’t . The newbees please try it once a week to see how your lips react. Accordingly, start the exfoliation process.
Some tips and warnings
- Use granulated sugar only and not the regular one. That might hurt your lips.
- Do not over scrub it. Be gentle while exfoliating your lips.
- Just reiterating – exfoliate your lips once or maximum twice a week, not more than that.
- Use your favorite lip balm after the wiping the scrub off.
- Clean your fingers before you scrub. You can also use cotton balls to maintain hygiene.
Follow Splurgy and Thrifty if you want to hear more from them:
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org